Heres all the female artists, creators, editors, writers and heroines that we have looked at so far! To get back to main page just hit 'back' at the side :)

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Second Week

Jo Duffy-Editor, Writer
Jo Duffy is a gifted comic book editor and writer. She has worked for both Marvel and DC, working on well known series as: Wolverine, Powerman and Iron Fist, Conan the Barbarian, and her 14 issue mini series of Catwoman in 1993.




















Karen Berger-Editor
Karen Berger is known for being the Executive Editor of DC'cs Vertigo comics. She has helped to edit and get the ball rolling with many acclaimed comics including: The Sandman, Swamp Thing, and House of Mystery. Without Karen's hard work and success in comics DC may have never created Vertigo comics in 1993.
http://www.dccomics.com/vertigo/




















Pia Guerra- Illustrator
Have you ever read Y the Last Man? Well you should! Pia's art is not only amazing in it but she helped to create this amazing series. Her art can also be seen in Buffy, Angel and Doctor Who comics.
http://www.hellkitty.com/



















Second week!! Woot....woot!

I'm actually getting pretty stoked about this blog! Hope all is well for any passing viewers. If your new to the site, well, welcome! Its easy to get acquainted, there is a link at bottom of the blog that will connect you to last weeks ladies, and the 3 talented women in comics we are focusing on this week are to your right and I post the the super heroine, well..here!
The three ladies in the industry who I am focusing on this week are: Jo Duffy, Karen Berger, and Pia Guerra.

**On a quick note, I just wanted to say that I am currently on the 9th trade of Y the Last Man, and seriously it amazing, if you haven't yet been lucky enough to read it you should try to pick it up!


ALRIGHTY! To the point, which I tend to get a little side tracked at times from. Drum roll please.....and the Super Heroine of the week is.......THE WOMEN OF Y THE LAST MAN! (I know, I know, I sound a little crazed this week!). Like Snow White who I focused on last week, the women of Y the Last Man are not your everyday superhero. Y the Last Man is about...actually I'll butcher it, here's vertigo's explanation, "Written by Brian K. Vaughan (Lost, PRIDE OF BAGHDAD, EX MACHINA) and with art by Pia Guerra, this is the saga of Yorick Brown—the only male survivor of a planet-wide plague that instantly kills every mammal possessing a Y chromosome. Accompanied by a mysterious government agent, a brilliant young geneticist and his pet monkey, Ampersand, Yorick travels the world in search of his lost love and the answer to why he'sthe last man on earth." All the women in this series have had to deal with great loss, and even though many women in the series turned to gangs, they kept living. The two ladies in particular who I see as examples of powerful females in this comics are the characters Dr.Mann and Agent 355. But I've gone on way to long, I'll try to keep the posts shorter from now on.

Come back next week! :)




















(Dr. Allison Mann and Agent 355 in the left image, and Yorick and Ampersand in the right)

No comments:

Post a Comment