Heres all the female artists, creators, editors, writers and heroines that we have looked at so far! To get back to main page just hit 'back' at the side :)

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Fifth Week

My reading week has begun :D and over the break I have a project to work on for this blog! I will me making a movie, I dont want to be giving to many details, but I will be posting it within the next two weeks.

This weeks awesome femmes of the industry are: Gail Simone and Nicola Scott!!

(I'm going to assume that if you have been following my blog that you will have noticed I will be featuring 2 a week and a hero instead of 3)

This weeks 'superheroine' is.......Buffy Summers!! The Vampire Slayer! I just couldn't help myself, Buffy has been my idol since I was 5 when the show came out!! She embodies power, and she is a strong woman to look up to. Joss Whedon (who created the character) wanted to bring a strong woman into the spotlight, and he did. The show was a hit, and fans followed Buffy and her friends as they grew up fighting Vampires, killing demons and saving the world on more then one occassion for 7 seasons. After the show was over it was carried out into the comics, WHAT A RELIEF! As a huge Buffy fan I don't know what I would do if I could not keep following this character. The comics go into 'season 8' and is carried on right from the show. There are also Omnibus' of Buffy and other comics that have branched off from the show (ie. Willow and Tara comics, feautered last week ;) go check it out). Buffy may not wear tights and fly, but personally, I think thats another reason why she is so admirable. She doesnt have to be displayed in skantily clad clothing like so many other females in comics or just in general to be powerfull. All I can say is that if I could aspire to be like one person..well it would be Buffy! If you haven't watched the show...well whats wrong with you?? Call me up and I'll lend you my seasons, we need to fix this!!! :) Everyone have a good week!




















Gail Simone-Writer

Gail Simone-Writer
Gail has a great writing style, she pulls readers in with the humour and believability of the characters. She has worked on Birds of Prey, Deadpool, and more recently Wonder Woman. Gail Simone also made a site called 'Women in Refrigerators', this site takes a look at the differnt women in comics who haven't met very lucky endings. I would definitely recommend picking up one of her comics, or atleast taking a look at her site!

Nicola Scott - Artist

Nicola Scott - Artist
Nicola is an Austrailian comic book artist. When I first got into comics she was one of the first females in the industry that I found out about. She is a talented artist, some of the comics she has done include: Birds of Prey, Secret Six, and Blackest Night:Wonder Woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment